How to be a neat freak?

I never was but damn it seems like I am cleaning every moment of the day.
What is your daily cleaning routine from top to bottom?
thank you ladies for sharing ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I don't believe in being a neat freak, I think it takes away from family time. I keep a pretty clean house, but I don't worry about it constantly.

My routine is to do the dishes, clean up the kitchen, then move on to the living room. I get all the toys, trash, laundry, etc out of there (I have a husband and a two year old who strip in there and I don't clean after dinner lol). Then I do the things that need done, like sweeping/mopping, vacuuming, cleaning the bathrooms, laundry, etc. Those things don't need done EVERY day, so I do them as I need to.

This keeps my house relatively presentable. I'm not usually embarrassed when someone comes by unexpectedly lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I deep clean once a week like the bathroom, mopping, dusting, everyday i do the dishes i vacuum everyday wipe down the counters and for doing laundry i have to do that at least every other day.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I wake up, clean the kitchen and mop all of the floors (3 bathrooms and kitchen and foyer) I vaccume all rooms (4 bdrooms and 2 living rooms/hallways. I clean all tubs and bathrooms from top to bottom, everyday. I dust everything everyday. I clean the carpets (steam clean) every week. I keep the dishes and laundry rolling at all times to avoid back up. I clean the yards every 3 days. I do this for about 2 hours every day to avoid having any kid of time consuming mess! GL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I think neat freaks are born, not made, lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• lol anon 04

Yeah its hard with kids. Ive lowered my standards. LOL
    1. I do set boundaries and make certain rules. All toys stay in the room and they get to enjoy them there. A few toys slips out but thats ok. The mess stays in their rooms and not my living room....peaceful for mommy. Eat in the kitchen but popcorn is ok at movietime, not greasy fried chicken.
    2. Get organized - you have to buy baskets or dressers or whatever, unless you are a dumpster diver like me :)
    3. Buy the kids things to help like feather dusters and furniture wipes for them. Try to make it fun. My kids love to vacuum everything with the attachments and I let them spray perfume around the house.
    4. Multitask - when the kids are bathing, clean that restroom.
    5. Routine - kids will clean if you start at day 1 but dont be a Drill Sarg. lol HTH

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:41 PM on Jun. 23, 2010