Do you get phantom kicks?

Every now and then, I have the sensation of little kicks (like those in the beginning of pregnancy). It's freaking me out! I'm not pregnant, but I feel these little twitches where my uterus is! Does this happen to you and do you know what causes it?

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 1:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Health

• it's just gas honey hahaha
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Really? It's in one spot, with nothing "moving out".
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I get that sometimes when I'm not pregnant. it's usually either gas or muscle spasms. Nothing to worry about :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Gas doesn't have to mean farting or burping. I do get phantom kicks, but they're gas. I think the reason is I now associate with the feeling of a baby moving, where before I ever had kids I didn't know the difference and could accept it for what it was.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Yes I get it... But I know its gas or something else moving around in there that is NOT a baby! LOL..
    Makes me miss being pregnant! I loved being pregnant & thought it was the most amazing thing!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I agree with Ginger! I KNOW its gas, but because I've had a baby it really does feel like kicks, but if you know you digestive system you'll notice where you feel the "kicks" its along the route your bowels travel. Its creepy to me still lol
    Allynmj

Answer by Allynmj at 5:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2010