How do I know where I stand when it comes to politics?

I always here about conservatives, liberals, republicans... etc...

I have no idea what i am but am curious. I really just stand for what i think is right.

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Cool, welcome to the club! lol. We are the largest third party :)

It's totally okay not to know what where you stand means. I seriously had NO CLUE about politics until my husband got me into it during the 2008 elections. Now I'm much more active, politically, and I know where I stand and what it means, but it's hard when you don't have someone to answer your questions!

You might check out the group Libertarian Moms. The ladies there would be happy to help you figure everything out, if you want to :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Here, it's a little quiz that will give you some idea. The questions are a little leading in some of these, but you will get a bit of an idea and be able to start somewhere :)

http://politics.beasts.org/scripts/survey
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• So it says I am ..."Right" And "Idealistic"

what the hell does that mean? LOL!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• It means you are conservative and idealistic lol

i·de·al·ism   /aɪˈdiəˌlɪzəm/ Show Spelled[ahy-dee-uh-liz-uhm] Show IPA
    –noun
    1. the cherishing or pursuit of high or noble principles, purposes, goals, etc.
    2. the practice of idealizing.
    3. something idealized; an ideal representation.
    4. Fine Arts . treatment of subject matter in a work of art in which a mental conception of beauty or form is stressed, characterized usually by the selection of particular features of various models and their combination into a whole according to a standard of perfection. Compare naturalism ( def. 2 ) , realism ( def. 3a ) .
    5. Philosophy .
    a. any system or theory that maintains that the real is of the nature of thought or that the object of external perception consists of ideas.
    b. the tendency to represent things in an ideal form, or as they might or should be rather than as they are
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I am so dumb when it comes to politics. I have strong beliefs but don't know exactly where they would fall.

So, how is this different from being a republican or democrat?
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• It's not really. How far to the right of the center of the little graph were you?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• not that far at all...
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:15 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• So then you'd likely be considered a libertarian, rather than either a republican or a democrat. Libertarians are conservative on fiscal issues (stuff having to do with money and the federal government) and liberal on social issues (like the drug ban, gay marriage, etc).

Does that description seem to fit you pretty well?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Yeah i would say so!

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I definitely will! LOL i find it all SO interesting and would love to get more involved with everything!! :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2010