I am 5 pregnant and I want to have a VBAC

I have 1 child and I had her via c section she is 1 year 7 month and 1 week. I don't want to go through that pain again it sucks. I want to have a Vaginal Birth After Caesarean. If you have any tips greatly appreciated. I am currently going to the gym to stay healthy and fit. I am 5 weeks and I know alot of it has to do with how my pregnancy will be and how I healed from the c-section. Thanks

kdyer20

Asked by kdyer20 at 2:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can have any birth you want. Don't let anyone say you can't. I suggest going to the childbirthconnection website. It's either org or com. They have a lot of great information.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Thanks thats what I told my mom. I didnt want the doctor to tell me no without conducting the test and everything that went with it. and I am going to have a vbac : )
    kdyer20

Answer by kdyer20 at 2:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Most c-sections aren't necessary. They hand them out like candy now and it pisses me off. I had one too. You might have to search for a doctor that is willing to do one but like I said they can't force one on you. You might even look for a midwife. Some are associated with hospitals.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 2:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Mine was both necessary and not she was sunny side up and i was only being induced for 10 hours but I wasnt dilating. But I think the docs could have waited for a lil longer. My epidural was messed up and I couldnt handle the pain now I wish they would have fixed it and I wouldnt have had to have it.
    kdyer20

Answer by kdyer20 at 2:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Pisses me off as well, i had one and i felt they wait until you are exhausted, tired, beat, mentally physically.... then talk to you about it.

and at that point you just want it done with... i also think they talk to you and make you feel pressured.

Find a doctor that in the beginning KNOWS you may want this aand make sure they know how you feel. you can have whatever you want!! GL!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 2:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Join the Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth group here on CM. they are a wonderful group of ladies who can offer you support and resources.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 3:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I'd strongly suggest you start looking for a midwife. You might find an OB, but remember that they surgeons. Interview providers either way, and make your decision clear, and make sure you find someone who's on board with you and very supportive of your decision.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My son was face up too. That is NO reason for a c-section. Doctors are trained to turn babies. This goes for breech babies as well. My epidural didn't work so I felt mine. What state do you live in?
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My sister had her first child c-section and17 months later she had her second, her OB told her that she was healed on the outside from the c-section but on the inside she wasn't and she had to have another. Well 4 years later she got preggo with her 3rd and found another doctor and told her she wanted to have a VBAC made it clear and also told them that when she had her 2nd what she was told and that was wrong she could have had her VBAC with the 2ndso stand up for yourself and if that is what you really want then search and find a doctor/midwife someone that will give you the VBAC and good luck to you and your LO on the way.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I have three children. I had my last two vbac. I really think it depends on why you had a c section. With my first one I was built like an hour glass and her shoulders couldnt get through the birth canal. When I had my son my hips had spread more and was able to have him and his sister vbac. Find someone who is experienced with vbac.
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 8:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2010