When a husband won't let you sleep.....

My husband has this bad habit of waking me up....all the time. I keep strange hours because of work and when I get the chance to sleep, I want to sleep. Now, my sleep schedule doesn't affect our sex life, it's as good as ever (at least I thought it was). Lately, when I get in and lay down to rest, he'll come lay down next to me and as soon as I'm asleep, he'll start kissing me, which would be sweet if I wasn't exhausted, and he tries to get me in the mood. I don't think he's trying to upset me or anything, but when I JUST get to sleep and he comes in trying to seduce me, I get a little cranky. Here's the question, how do I explain to him that, even tho I love waking up to him, I would actually like to SLEEP before he wakes me up expecting sex? And on top of that, when he wakes me up like this, I'm expected to take care of DD. For the record, he's a SAHD, so he naps whenever DD naps....twice a day, which I don't get to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:05 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I am like that to and my husband does the same thing. Finally I just told him I love him and want to have sex, but my need for sleep is greater. I am happy to rock his world later, but if I lay down to SLEEP... for gods sake...let me SLEEP.
    I do notice he does it more when he is feeling insecure, so I make sure to REALLY rock his world...several times int he next few days. Men equate sex with love, so when he is needier about sex I know I have to show him how much I love him, not just in the bedroom.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Tell him that you are really tired and you would like to get some sleep for a few hours make it clear that you are going to lay down and sleep for a few hours and when you get up seduce him. My hubby is a stay at home dad also and I work weird hours also. Our DD is 2 and she takes a nap once a day he cleans up the house before I lay down i tell him that i am tired and I am going to bed. Your hubby needs to respect the fact that you are working your ass off and sleep comes 2nd so when you do get the chance to sleep you want to be left the hell alone. Maybe you can also have sex before you go to sleep and then tell him you are going to sleep and he can come in and wake you in 3 days :~) I feel you momma on this one.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 4:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Maybe tell him before you lay down. you are going to go to sleep, and do not want to be disturbed. That ways he is informed. I go to bed at 8pm to get 8 hours of sleep. I get up at 4 am for work. So I told my DH that if he want some sex he has to get some befor 8 pm.

Answer by louise2 at 5:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2010