Is it normal for 5-6 year old boys (best friends) to kiss eachother on the lips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Not that I know of. I wouldn't make to much of a big deal with it. Maybe ask the boys why they kiss one another one the lips. My children know the only people they kiss on the lips is my hubby and I.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Anons :18 there 5-6 years old there's nothing Queer about it. There children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I wouldn't ask why i would tell them. you do not kiss other boys, you only give kisses to mommy or daddy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I don't know of any kids that kiss each other, and my boys are 6 and 8 years old now. I would wonder what the other kid was experiencing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My nephew who is 6 would tell you ...that's not right. That thats what gay people do. Smart Kid!
    Anonymous

• I am sorry in my world I get further asking then telling. It' called respect. I guess everyone is different. If I want to know why my child is doing something I am going to ask them not tell them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Thats cool.
    That's you, not me.That's what you think is best for you. If it works for you, that's great! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Well, I am VERY new to this group. I wasn't expecting such a response....and some very judgemental type answers. I feel I should clarify. I witnessed my son and his best friend goofing around like normal 5-6 year olds, and they were laughing and "puckered up" , it was very innocent. We live in a small Island community where it is proper to greet family and friends with a kiss on the cheek. So it is not uncommon for children to witness "kissing". I was just curious if anyone elase had real advice for me. The frien's response when I said "don't do that", was "but I like him"... I told him that it is grat that they like eachother however they are not boyfriend/girlfriend, so they shouldn't kiss. I suggested a high-5. Now that I see these other responses to my original question, I feel secure in my parenting. It's too bad some people are so judgemental and quick to shout "gay". I think that has nothing to do with it.
    islandmama8

Answer by islandmama8 at 4:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Your son "puckered up" to another boy and his reasoning was that they like each other...

What there tells you that that is NOT a gay tendency? Aside from beliefs of gay being right or not?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I am shocked that this has turned into a "gay" forum. Keep in mind we are talking about kindergarteners. I plan on removing myself from this site and joining one where people have real issues to talk about. This has been no help to me. I feel sorry for all of you who just come on here to gossip and laugh at people who have a real concern for their children!!!!
    islandmama8

Answer by islandmama8 at 4:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2010