can you please give me some breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas for one year olds? Preferably all table foods and not baby foods. I want to wean her off baby foods :) and I am curious what your babies like.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter is so picky. she is 15 months old. She is always offered everything but will not eat most things. Fresh fruit is one of her favorites. That she will always eat.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 7:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• my 22 month old loves yogurt and whole grain cheerios for breakfast, he'll snack on cheese (or I'll give him some on his dinner plate if we're having meat that is spicy or bbq'd that he can't eat). Peanut butter on a spoon or a sandwich for lunch. applesauce, little cups of mandarin oranges, smashed bananas and strawberries mixed together (he thinks it's yogurt). he used to eat sliced bananas but not anymore.
    also french toast and sausage but that might be more than she can handle. he also loves whitefish sauteed in olive oil (we get the frozen ones), he's not a big fan of salmon. Sometimes we give him macaroni and cheese with tuna fish in it.
    I give him 2-3 choices on his plate at mealtimes, something I know he loves along with two new foods to try. sometimes it takes a while for him to try the new things but he gets there in the end. oh and watered down V8 v fusion juice when it's hot out.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:34 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• for breakfast my daughter has a variety of choices. she eats bananas and then either waffles, mini pancakes. or eggs. sometimes bagels with creamcheese. for lunch usually chicken nuggets or pasta with butter and cheese. dinner. mac and cheese, nuggets, a vggie. usually carrots. she eats fruit through out the day. she is 15months and she isn;t into trying new things. i try but she stays with what she knows. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 8:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• By a year old, if I could eat it, he could eat it. So, ANY fruit, veggie, meat, grain, dairy.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 8:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• For grains: Wheat bread torn into small pieces, whole grain waffles, or Cheerios.

For fruit: Any fruit cut up (my kids eat melon, apple, pear, persimmon, raspberries, blue berries, grapes, peaches, and pineapple).

For protein: Turkey (I had the deli slice it thin & then I tear it into bite size pieces, yogurt, or cheese (at that age I served shredded cheese).
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 8:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I gave my son bits of whatever I was eating - eggs, pancakes, waffles for breakfast with some yogurt or fresh fruit. For lunch - half sandwich (turkey is a favorite, we introduced peanut butter shortly after a year), some steamed veggies (carrots and potatoes are easy quick and yummy), and maybe some crackers if he was still hungry. For supper it varies widely just depending on what the family was eating. My son also loves beans of all types (green beans, lima beans, peas, black beans, etc) and rice. Macaroni and cheese is also a recent favorite (and healthy too if you make homemade with some whole wheat macaroni and mix in some real cheese) - I usually make a large portion and then refrigerate it to have a few days of lunches.

Answer by missanc at 8:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• She eats whatever I am eating, or what I make for her big brothers.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• my son is 8 months old. for breakfast, he likes eggs. he likes small pieces of chicken and turkey. he likes small pieces of bread. he likes to eat crackers, pretzels, mashed potatoes, french fries.
    emtgirl885

Answer by emtgirl885 at 3:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2010