Would you be upset?

My BFF was planning a diaper party for my third baby. We pretty much have everything, but who couldn't use more diapers and an excuse to hang out with friends and eat good food? Anyway, she decided to make the party "no kids", including mine, which excluded 90 percent of the guest list. Only 2 people RSVP'd yes, I have a few single friends or friends that otherwise couldn't find sitters. So my BFF cancelled the party, rather than include kids. I'm a little upset, although I'm trying not to be. Would you be? Also, what would you do? I've sent out a message to all the invitees and my BFF that I would still like to get together and maybe we can do it at my house, a park, or a restaurant. I hate to ask the usual CM question, but is that "tacky"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• Wait..this is for YOUR baby and SHE canked the party because people with kids couldn't find sitters?? I get that if it was being held at her house and she doesn't want 15 toddlers running loose through her place--especially if it isn't childproof or child friendly, but who says the only spot it can be held is of HER choosing? Why not have it on a sunny afternoon at the park? Or get really creative and host the party at Chuck E Cheese. Heaven knows you'll be spending plenty of time there after the baby comes, right? It is your third...so you probably already have all the needed items (stroller, bouncer, bibs and burp cloths)...so I think a diaper party is genius!! I don't think you're wrong to be upset, but it's easy enough to fix. Change the location of the party and have at it!
    Congrats on the new addition! :)
    SimplyLaine

Answer by SimplyLaine at 7:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I agree - change the location. I'd move it to your own house, reissue invitations, and let them know kids are welcome. Then throw some juice boxes in a cooler, load up on yard toys, grab a bucket of sidewalk chalk, and put one of those crazy sprinkler heads on the hose for the kids. I find that the more kids there are at a party, the less likely they will be to bug the crap out of their parents:-) DH and I used to have huge parties all the time that were adult only, but since we had kids now almost all of our get togethers are kid friendly - the "friends" who have no children and don't want children in their homes, we don't go to their parties. If my kids aren't welcome, then we aren't going - it's not like we're going to let the toddler loose with spray paint or the 8 YO have a flame thrower in their "perfect" home. I'd rather stay home and play with my grimy, germ riddled babies any day.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• besides, it's a baby shower - not a kegger.... no kids seems kinda ridiculous.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 7:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I can kind of understand why she may not have wanted kids there. The attention she wanted for you may be interrupted by kids. But it is unreasonable to think that no kids will be there. If it were me, I would have it somewhere where the kids could play in saftey, have a kid zone and fix it up like it is a party for them. Juice boxes and cupcakes go a long way to make a good time for kids. Have a few responible teenagers watch them and run 'their' party. Mom is nearby if they 'need' her, but the moms can have an adult get together also.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 10:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I dont think your in the wrong at all. Perhaps she should have asked you what you wanted before she did that. Your kids, as well as others, should definately be there. I would see if you could get some friends together, including their children, and have a nice picnic at a park or something. Your kids are expecting a new sibling, this is just as much their time as well as anyone elses. Hope all works out for you! :)
    cthrush82

Answer by cthrush82 at 1:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I would be upset. You got robbed. I hope it works out for you because you didn't do anything wrong.
    MaryBethBest

Answer by MaryBethBest at 8:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2010