Party problems....Advice?

My family is loud, negative and insulting. Last time I invited them to my sons b-day party while my in-laws were there, I ended up $200 later crying because my mom make several comments that were rude and disrespectful to me (in front of in-laws). Now here we are at miserable b-day time again and I have no idea what to do.

Options are to say "forget it" and take son to Monkey Joes

Invite inlaws only

2 separate parties

Hold my breath and hope for the best this time?

What would you do???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Whatever is going to work best and help you keep your sanity.It is warm outside this time of year, how about having his party outside , maybe have the food spread out on the table in the kitchen but for the most part keep it out doors.' Tables & chairs can be quite cheap to rent if needed, I did that for my 7 yr olds B-day in May. Maybe have a kids table set p for them alone, & adults who smoke sit ....away from the kids & they can talk nasty and do their thing away from the kids atleast. I hope that helps ...maybe Good Luck~ remember he is your child & you do whats best for him & what will make him happy not them.'
    Stefono

Answer by Stefono at 9:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I would tell my mother that if she can't act like an adult and be respectful then she will not be invited!
    MLM0503

Answer by MLM0503 at 9:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I wouldn't invite my mom and later when asked why not, I would tell her exactly what you told us.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Go enjoy yourselves at Monkey Joes. The birthday is for the person whose birthday it is,not everyone else.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I would let everyone know ahead of time that this is my child's party, and I will NOT have it ruined by negative/rude comments and attitudes-- if they can't behave and try to get along for one afternoon then don't even bother showing up. I would also let them know that if they do show up they better be on good behavior or they will be asked to leave and they will NEVER be included in birthdays again! Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2010