How to get my 3 1/2 year old to stop taking toys from the other kids?

My daughter is very stubborn. Right now, I currently watch a few different kids. One of them is the same age and she plays nicely and shares great with the other kids... My child, does not. She is ALWAYS taking away the toys that the other kids have, regardless of what it is. It results in fights all the time and I bring her to time outs... She just does it again. I dont know how to get her to stop taking toys away. Please, anyone, help!!

mandaj2004

Asked by mandaj2004 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• take the toys away from her and don't bring them back out for a few days. Other kids might start to ostercise her and play with her less- she will learn that for peers to enjoy her company, she will have to share with them.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:16 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• When my son takes toys from other kids, we make him take the toy back to the child and apologize. We've also explained that if he keeps taking toys, it will be hard for him to make friends when he goes to preschool. This has really helped us. If the toys that she keeps taking are toys that belong in your home, maybe she is afraid that the other children that you are watching will take them. Good luck!
    Lennon_Molly

Answer by Lennon_Molly at 9:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2010