How long did you go before you picked out the name of your baby?

Did you know right away or did you wait a while? .. also did you change a name you already had picked out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• For my first, I had the same name picked out for a boy or a girl and never changed it. With my second, I had the girl name the whole time, but changed the boy one many, many times. With my last, I knew I was having a boy and picked the name pretty early and stayed with it.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 9:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• We went through several names before we made our finaly decision which was usually at the last minute.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 9:26 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• We found a girl name we loved,and of course,the baby was a boy! We literally picked his name 2 wks before he was born.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:28 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• We had a list of names picked out when we were engaged. Three boy names and four girl names. With every kid we just go down the list. lol So far we have used two boy names and one girl name.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• The same for me I always had a girl name in mind when I found out I was prego . Of course It's a Boy so it took me up untill my 8 month before we picked a name out
    waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 9:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• With my last baby we had a girl name picked out fairly early, but didn't choose a boy name until I was 40+ w. And he was a boy, so it's a good thing we finally picked one. My niece was a couple days old before my sis chose her name.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• We looked the whole time but my husband didn't decide on the name 100% ( he was picking the boy name ) until 3 days before I had our son
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• First name for my son was immediate almost..middle was in the hospital right when I had to fill out the birth certificate papers. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:23 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• We didn't make a final choice until we actually had the baby... I had to see them to finalize the name. We also didn't know the gender, so we had to have two names ready to go. We had some possibilities in mind from about mid-pregnancy on- with two kids we went with our top choices, with one we basically changed names in the third tri.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• With my daughter I had her name picked out within a week of finding out she was a girl. With my son it was a little harder but it was still about a month after I found out he was a boy.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 10:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2010