Did you know that there is a passage in the bible that says in a nutshell that the wife should not withhold sex from the husband and vice versa?

1 Corinthians 7:3-5

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes

Answer by missanc at 9:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I'm sure if the wife or husband is ill or very tired or has something emotionally or physically wrong with them, then it is okay to do just that!

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• That's swell but am guessing most that withhold sex from dh are not christians and don't care what the bible says. not bashing, just saying
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

____

LMAO you're kidding right? do you actually believe this? this is one thing i gotta say i never heard as something a good christian woman wouldn't do... withhold sex from her husband. OMG i think i peed my pants a little.... ROFL
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• First, I couldn't care less about the bible. 

Secondly, I have never and will never withhold sex from my husband because I would never use our most intimate bond as a weapon.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:07 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Christian or not you should never use sex as a weapon which is what you are doing if you get mad and cut each other off.
    Anonymous

• I am Christian, (and I'm sure many Christians and non-Christians withhold sex), but I don't for the same reasons Beeky stated.
    I hate it when women complain and say "I hate sex/ never want to have sex and my husband is getting angry because he wants some. He is being so selfish!"
    Personally I think you are being selfish if you deprive your spouse of sex then complain because they want some. Even when I am not particularly in the mood, I still love doing it because it pleases him and it is an intimate bond that brings us close together no matter how hectic our day has went. It's healthy for a couple to stay sexually active together.
    I only believe sex should be withheld for necessary reasons such as after child birth etc.
    Sex should always be a selfless act.
    Anonymous

• I'll remember that when I'm puking my guts OUT after a dialysis treatment... because my husband wants me. I'm sure some vomit may make things real nice and kinky. what do you think?

am Christian, (and I'm sure many Christians and non-Christians withhold sex), but I don't for the same reasons Beeky stated.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Obviously (unless you are really obtuse), times when couples should not or can not have sex are not the same thing as deliberately withholding sex as a punishment.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2010