Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question about my animal neglect/abuse question?

Okay I just got off the phone with the animal shelter that was close to the town this kid lives in. They have no authority in this town, and the town does not have its own animal control department. Should I call social services for the State, besides the Cat issue, he has alot more to deal with, will the investigate a single person who had no kids? I am honestly afraid he is going to harm himself or someone else, and his Dad just is sticking his head in the sand,,any ideas?


Asked by kimigogo at 9:59 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Pets

Level 37 (91,454 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (3)
  • I'd think you would need to call the local police dept.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

  • Yes to the police dept. It's illegal to have that many cats and as PP said, it's animal abuse. Once they get in there hopefully they'll see he needs other help and take the appropriate action.

    Answer by deadheadjen at 1:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

  • Call the local police department. Animal cruelty is against the law. doesn't matter if they have animal control or not.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:32 AM on Jun. 24, 2010