what would your reaction be if your hubby smacked your 2 year old in the face?

so we do believe in spanking, but i dont believe in just hitting on a child, no matter what. i will spank my son on the bottom or the back of the hand when he has done something truly worthy of it, but this AM, hubby was sleeping in, and got off at 12:30 last night, but he had told me when he got home that he would take DD to daycamp this morning, so that I could sleep. but i got up n got the kids fed and dressed, and when i asked if he was going to take DD to school, my 2 year old jumped on the bed and jumped up and flopped down on his chest, granted it hurt and is quite annoying, he smacks him on the shoulder VERY HARD, and then goes to do it again, and misses most of the shoulder and lands on his face, and my son grabs his cheek and lays down crying. so i almost lost it and i grabbed him and hit him on the arm, like why would you do such a thing. and he get pissed at ME for not keeping his son off him! he went crazy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• What would my reaction be if my hubby smacked my 2 year old in the face? Without question, second thought, I would be in somebody's jail cell right about now because ABUSE is happening in my home and my child is the victim...As a mother I will do what it takes to protect my child...and for a grown ass man to hit a 2 year old in the face, because he was aiming to hit him on the shoulder, that hard, says to me that that husband of yours has a serious problem and you as well because you all solve your problems with violence!
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• spanking is hitting.

you might want to just quit trying to box up hitting into little categories and cut it out completely. a two year old is capable of understanding "that hurts" and "do not jump on me" and they might actually learn something from being told as opposed to learning violence and terror. do you want to teach your kids or do you want to terrorize them?
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:34 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• If my husband ever hit my son in the face (he wouldn't) then he would be one sorry man. There is no excuse for that. A little spanking on the butt is one thing. On the shoulder and the face is abuse!

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:35 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• It would be the last time he put his hands on my child. We TEACH our children not to do something simply by telling them NOT by abusing them and yes I think you spanking him is just as bad as dad hitting him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• A child doesn't know the difference between you hitting him on the butt and dad hitting him on the shoulder/face. All he knows is that you both promote violence on a child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• so....daddy hits baby. mommy hits daddy. sounds like the adults in your son's life have a lack of impulse control and a tendency to hit without thinking. GL to him.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, if that were me, my husband would have got up with a handprint across his face! I am sorry, but no man is going to hit my little one in the face and me stand back and watch. Yeah, not going to happen!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• OP HERE - omg please do not make it sound like i abuse my child bc he gets a spanking! that is so not the issue here. he does get talked to. please focus on the real issue here!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I don't think you abuse your child because you spank him. That is not abuse. But it is abuse for your husband to hit your baby in the face. You have a right to be MAD. I definitely would be. And ignore any ANON that decides to bash you. If they can't tell you who they are on a subject like this then they aren't worth listening to.

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 10:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• People are focusing on the real issue. You hit him on his butt and hand. Your hubby hit him on his shoulder. You hit your hubby on the arm. There's a common theme there, solving your problems with violence. If you don't want your kids growing up thinking that they can solve their problems through violence then you need to sit down and figure out how to solve this problem.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 10:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2010