How far apart do yall think sibilings should be?

I am just wondering because my and my fiance are debating when we want to start trying to have another baby. How far apart are yalls kids? Do you think you should of waited longer or shorter?

K3lly94

Asked by K3lly94 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• My sons are 20 months apart. They are 2 and 4. I wish they would have been a little closer. I am currently TTC#3. If I manage to get pregnant in the next few months my youngest 2 will be a little over 3 years apart. I really wish we would have started trying sooner.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 10:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I have both very far apart and really close together - it really is a decision you both should make and not us. I love having an older sibling who helps out with the younger ones and I love having my younger ones a year apart from each other (3 & twins that are 2). It is really how much can you handle at once and how much can you afford?
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 10:34 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I think for each family it is different.
    I have two that are 2 yrs apart and then the thrid child is 4.5 yrs after the second.
    I HATE the 4.5 spread... it was MUCH MUCH easier when they were close in age.

why not get married first and then decide.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I have 2 that are 13 months apart and we're gonna start trying for our 3rd when the 2nd is 1 1/2-2.
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 10:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• No idea, but, by the time I get engaged, married and pregnant to my BF, my kids will be like 15 or 16 years apart. LOL My son is 14 now.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I agree it depends on you, what you feel is best and what you think will work.

But imo 2-3 years is perfect. Far enough apart to where your not going crazy having two that can't walk, eat by them selves etc. and you have a little helper. Yet still close enough so there can still relate to each other as they get older.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I wouldnt know,I want the one kid that I have and no! others and if I DO end up having A child they wil probably be 10 to 15 yrs apart..because I am not having another child young again....
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 10:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Never FAR apart.Close is best
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I think all age gaps have their pros and cons. Having kids close in age is exhausting at first and trying to wrangle a 1 and 2 year old is hard. Our 3rd child is a 3 year gap and though that is nice as well because the older ones are potty trained and I only have to buy diapers for one. Also, the older 2 are more independent and can help pick up toys and stuff like that.

We also waited to have children till we know we could afford it. I don't know what your situation is but I would advice you get married first and make sure you can handle #2. My #2 is feisty and definitely has a stubborn, adventerous, slightly rebelious personality that makes me wish I had waited a bit longer before we decided to have her. It was defnitely hard to parent her with another young child running around.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I think it just depends on your family...when you feel you are ready. Dh and I thought for sure we would have our children a year or less apart...but it took us 2 yrs to get pregnant. We are due in July with our 2nd, and our 1st will be 3 in August....and to be honest I think it worked out well for us because our firstborn is independent and able to do things for himself (and pottytrained!!!), so I don't feel like I will be overwhelmed like I might have been with two infants?!?! kwim?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jun. 23, 2010