Child led bottle weaning

Ok, I know a lot of moms on here do child led breastfeeding weaning but not a lot do child led bottle weaning. So I am wondering how many moms practice this. I do. I am just wondering when your child(ren) gave up the bottle. My second gave up his bottle before my oldest did so I am wondering if this is typical.

I'm bored & curious, sorry.

purpleducky

Asked by purpleducky at 10:36 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Delilah gave hers up on her own rght after she turned 1. I let her do it when it felt right and it was all good. She hates them now I don't know why.
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I weaned my kids to a cup but my best friend allowed her children to lead and her oldest finally stopped at 4 and a half. Her son is about to be 4 and also still takes a bottle.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• First gave it up at 6 months, second at 16 months, and my now 15 month old son is still on it. It's a work in progress!
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 12:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My son was 3. I didn't have the heart to take it away. He loved it so much. By that point he only had water in it and only at night. One day he told me, "Bottles are for babies". and he threw it away!! He never had another. I'm so glad we did it that way. There was no stress involved.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Oh I also let my DD wean off the paci. With that needless to say my 2 1/2 still has her paci to go to bed every night!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 4:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2010