Should drug testing be mandatory for Welfare/Unemployment recipients????

I have to get a drug test to not only get a job but be drug tested to keep it. Why don't we make those who arent working but are still getting paid????

GoJoMom2448

Asked by GoJoMom2448 at 10:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Most definitely!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I have said that so many times! It makes perfect sense to me! If you are on drugs, then you SHOULD NOT be getting public assistance of any sort! Sorry!
    Anonymous

• welfare YES unemployment no. My reasons: for people on welfare they are using other peoples money and shouldnt take it for granid and use it on ANY addiction. For unemployent, they earned their money and its not their fault they are unemployed so let them spend their money how they like. as for being drug tested to get a job and to keep it, not every company has mandatory drug test.
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:51 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• It would cost the government even more money to pay for the expenses of testing everyone who applies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• YES!! I am a firm believer in this. If you spend money on drugs, or do drugs and dont focus on caring for your family then we shouldnt have to pick up the slack. I know the kids would suffer but kids are suffering anyway in that home. We should take the kids, put them in a good home and feed them there if we need to. Why should we feed the kids when the parents are doing drugs...and leave the kids in the home. Parents need to spend the money on the kids needs first...if they dont then we need to put the kids somewhere safer anyway.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• YES!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Are we really going to beat this dead horse again?
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 11:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• "welfare YES unemployment no. My reasons: for people on welfare they are using other peoples money and shouldnt take it for granid and use it on ANY addiction. For unemployent, they earned their money and its not their fault they are unemployed so let them spend their money how they like. as for being drug tested to get a job and to keep it, not every company has mandatory drug test. "

I agree
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Yes. Especially when some are using their welfare money to purchase drugs.
    Laurie3200

Answer by Laurie3200 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Yes.
    Anonymous