Macbeth Play

We have a Shakespeare in the park a few times a year and it is a free play the town puts on. Last year I took my then 3 year old to see A Mid Summer Night's Dream and she loved it. I asked her what is was about and she told me and laughed along with everyone else. So I know she understood what they were saying and also what they were doing on stage. Well this year it is Macbeth and I know it is far from Fairies (though I have never seen it myself) and was wondering if I should take my now 4 year old to see it. She loves plays but does get scared easy. We have never seen a darker play before. The last play someone got stabbed and to make it funny he took forever to fall down...she laughed. but that was a lighter play. Not sure what to do, If anyone has seen the play let me know if you would take your child to it.

Savymom25

Asked by Savymom25 at 10:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• No clue about Macbeth and your child, but, I took my son at 6 to see Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet. He was fine, but, he was also seeing all sorts of horror movies and things from age 3. He wasn't easily scared.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:54 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Yeah she is not like that. I watched Alice and wonderland (play and movie) and she loved the play but the movie scared her. I can understand why, but she wanted to watch it.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2010