flying for 8 or 9 hrs to Maui when i'm 5 months...

othe than drinking a lot of water, get up and walk around, wear the blood clot stocking, what else can I do to prevent blood clot? Thanks in advance

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 11:00 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Travel

• I've been pregnant 3 times and have never heard of a blood clot stocking. Did your doctor tell you that you are at risk?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I think you should be fine. Keep hydrated and move around as much as possible. I was about 6 months when we flew from NYC to Israel. It was about 10 hours. I just kept drinking, which got me up and moving because I always had to get up to go pee.

Have fun!!
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:20 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Blood clot stockings?! Never heard of them.... I was just shy of 6 months when I flew from Montana to South Carolina and didn't have any sort of problems. I'd think that just as long as your drinking lots (which will cause you do need to pee lots!), everything should be good. Just listen to your body and if your not feeling good, don't just brush it off. Your body will tell you everything you need to know.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 6:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Thanks, stocking is call compression stocking help prevent blood clot, that's what my md told me.
    Amy2079

Comment by Amy2079 (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Jun. 26, 2010

• I agree with Balagan Imma. I flew to Africa at 4 months and ack to the USA at 5 1/2 months no problem. try not to get worried, you should be just fine. Have fun!
    NoGoodName4Me

Answer by NoGoodName4Me at 2:16 AM on Jul. 3, 2010