What would u do if ur DH forgot ur BD?

I m sad. it s been only 2 years that we ve been married i thought it should be more romantic in the first years of marriage

Imane1215

Asked by Imane1215 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine still thinks my birthday is June 27th but its June 29th. Men are forgetful, unthoughtful creatures. I would remind him lol. Though I agree in the 1st years it should be super romantic. If today is your b-day tho maybe he didnt forget and has something super special planned so wait to say anything until your b-day passes.
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:04 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• OP:my BD WAS YESTERDAY
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I'm sorry that he forgot :( Some guys just don't remember things. I have to write in a bright highlighter on dh's work calendar - my birthday, our anniversary, the kids birthdays, his mom's, etc. or he would have no clue. Even then it is hit or miss whether he remembers them or not. If he totally forget just remind him nicely and hopefully he will make up for it big time.

Happy Birthday!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Hey if it makes you feel any better I have been with my Hub for 9 years and married for 5 and my in laws NEVER remember my birthday. It makes it worse because I always remember is sisters birthday which is in the same month as mine...and they never remember. He seems to remember, but it is because I tell him it is coming up...don't know if he would know otherwise. I got a call the day after my birthday with them saying they thought it was the next day....whatever. I think maybe I will forget theirs next year! ; )
    Men are silly so if you don't remind him he may never remember.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I sat my clueless hub bub down years ago and told him right out. "When you forget my BD I feel totally disrespected and unloved. It is important to me to see some kind of romantic gesture from you. It's not about money, it's about showing me that you love me. Here is a calendar. I have marked every important date on here. I will expect you to look at it and use it." Your man should know by now that being responsible is part of being a grown up. It's not that difficult to keep up with these things. Men just use their memory as an excuse. You are the love of his life, you are not his mommy. I don't remember anybodys BD either. I use a calendar to remind me like anybody else and your DH can do the same. Little things mean a lot, especially romantic moments. I question the integrity of any man who claims to love me but can't get it together to send me a card and do something nice for me. Talk is cheap and easy baybee... I'm not.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 11:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• He can't forget because I spend a whole month reminding him every single day. You would think after almost 7 years I would no longer have to do this. Ahh men!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:34 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My Dh is likely to forget his own birthday. It's just how he is. If it was going to be a big deal to me if he forgot my birthday, I'd make sure to remind him.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I'm sorry he forgot your birthday. I hope he will realize his mistake and make up for it.

happy birthday

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:44 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Unfortunately, it's a guy thing. Poor things just do not remember. You might mention to him a couple of days before your BD that you're mother or friend(s) asked about taking you to lunch or dinner, and you're checking with him to make sure he didn't already have something planned for your special day. That would be a gentle reminder without acusing him of forgetting.
    Laurie3200

Answer by Laurie3200 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I don't think its a guy thing. My dh always remembers my bday, the first time we said I love you, our anniversaries and such and this has been handed down to our sons as well...I think its just a person who is either forgetful or hasn't been taught to show the one you love that you are thoughtful and caring....
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:44 PM on Jun. 23, 2010