Advice

Well me and my hubby have been having problems for a long time. When started dating october 22 2006 But have been seeing each other longer than that for about 6 years now.... But people in his family bash me for the things I have done in my past and they dont look at the things that he has done to me he has cheated on me he has talked bad things to me and he still talks bad to me alot of times.... And I have recently wanted to go stay with a friend and he is telling me I cant take my kids to a drug heads house but there is no drugs at her house.... And While I am there I am gonna think about if we should see each other anymore... The other day he told me could have scraped something off the bottom of his shoe better than me and he also said he should have got married to one of his ex girlfriends instead of me it really hurt me... I really dont no what I should do I dont no if I should stay with him or leave him?

Heather9601

Asked by Heather9601 at 11:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm surprised you've stayed this long. I would never stay with anyone who cheated on me or made me feel so low. You deserve to be treated well and to be happy. I'd get out of there if I were you.
    drpepper73

Answer by drpepper73 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• You're kidding right? Take a deep breath and listen to me girl. Dump this Loser now. You can do better than somebody who is verbally abusive and disrespectful. Never date anyone again who doesn't adore you and treat you with respect. You are wonderful and you deserve a real man who is tender and kind and passionate. Stop settling for less. This guy is using you and blaming you for all his failures in life. Just slip out the back Jack... and get yourself free. xoxo
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 11:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Yeah that was pretty low. Getting talked down to is a form of abuse. So I would dump him. It may suck for a bit but in the long run you will be so happy you did. Your children watch how you and your husband treat each other and if is anything but love and the occasional (not bashing) argument then they will start to think that is how people treat each other. Your children will have no respect for you or anyone else. you are worth more then what he tells you, I don't even know you and I know that. I hope for the best.
    Savymom25

Answer by Savymom25 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• first think about your feelings and how this hurt. Why should you have to hear crap like this some people bully because they have low self esteem. So second you have to stand up for yourself do not take it and tell him second build your own self esteem and stand your ground do not allow him to speak to you like this. Go and get some counseling so you have a good place to start from and when it is all said and done do not wait for him you do it. Take care of you and you child or children and never forget you are worth more. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• If it were me I would leave him and not look back! I would not stay with someone who cheated, treated me like crap and talked to me like that. If I were you I would start thinking of a 'game plan' -- put away as much money as you can, find a safe place where you can go and once you have that in place pack up and leave him. You should also contact a lawyer/legal aid and find out what your rights are, and start the ball rolling for divorce, custody and child support. Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• leave. you don't deserve that. F what he thinks about your friend he's just using that as an excuse to be a dick.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• It doesn't sound like he respects you or your relationship. My guess is that working on the relationship is out of the question, if he's talking to his family about you, he doesn't care about you or your reputation. He is abusive and mean. I'd leave and never look back, he's not worth your time.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• You deserve alot more than what he's giving you. WHy do you allow him to hurt you this way? You deserve to be treated with respect by the man that claims to love you...not abused emotionally. Take some time and think about the situation you're in...do you see yourself five years from now, still being put down by this man? Or do you see yourself as a happy woman, living life to the fullest with all the negativity he's given you, out of your life? Think about it...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:40 PM on Jun. 23, 2010