Taking away Anon?

I was told by another cafemommer that the site is going to take away the anonymous feature is this true?

dairyberrys

Asked by dairyberrys at 11:12 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in About CafeMom

• If you go to the yellow box at the top of the screen and click the link, you will learn more about the change to answers. Yes, anon will be gone until you have reached a certain level by answering questions.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• for answering yes,you can still post anon

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• What "level" would you have to be at?
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 11:17 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I think that we need anon for some questions that are personal. But the people that use anon so they can bash other people and be nasty is so immature and I don't think they should be able to use it. I heard that too. I think they are going to have people earn it.

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Over the coming weeks and months we are going to be completely rebuilding Answers from the ground up. We're going to do this in a number of phases, and each set of changes we make probably won't be that earth-shattering, but when we all turn around a few months from now, we hope that everyone is WOWed by how much more awesome Answers is.
    The first batch of changes will be coming next week and will include the follow major elements:
    A new "Credits" system will be added where you can earn (and lose) Credits for your participation in Answers, as well as how others rate your contributions.
    As you earn Credits you will advance in level. Higher levels will give you access to new features, let you use existing features more, and let you earn even more credits.
    The Credits system we are starting with will encourage good behavior and penalize "bad behavior".
    Questions will be able to be "bumped" to get them more answers, or feature
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• really good/interesting/smart questions.
    You'll be able to vote up/down the answers that others give.
    Certain features will not be available until you get to higher levels - as an example, the anonymous answer feature will not be available until you are "Level 15" which will take at least a week of participation before you can get there.
    The "theme" of answers will be changed so it feels like a University - which is why we named the group Phi Beta Mama! Levels will be based around events in Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, etc. years of college, lots of the language (like credits) and graphics will be based on that, and more. If you've been (or are going to college), we hope it'll make you smile, and if you haven't been, we hope it'll be fun to experience!
    More things that you'll see next week
    Later, we plan to add a lot more (and we'll get into more deta
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:25 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Good . I am so pleased. I had an anon repost my question and impersonate me and then state my name in the post while trying to mock and stalk me. It was so sick. But I am so so glad that you listened to me and who knows how many other members that had similar situations with this anon bully abuse that was occurring. GL with the new system!
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 11:29 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• well I ALWAYS use anon in this area because some times simply telling the TRUTH gets hate comments pm'd to you. I once answered a question TRUTHFULLY and the woman (for lack of a better term) who asked the question sent horrid things to me because she didnt like hearing the TRUTH.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I personally think the anon feature is important, I wouldnt really wanna answer alot of people without this option, and not because I am being rude I just prefer this...
    dairyberrys

Answer by dairyberrys at 11:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

Ditto.
    Anonymous