any tips for preventing/getting rid of razor burn in the bikini area?

I have tried many many things...including a gel specifically for preventing razor burn and I still get it! Any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Nair. It's the only way I keep from getting it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I have to use an electric razor. I can't wet shave or I cut myself really bad.

Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• shave in the direction of your hair and afterwards put deodorant on it... I know it sounds crazy but it works ( i used to dance, so we had all sorts of tricks lol) and it will prevent ingrown hairs too
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:22 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Trim the hair as close as you can with scissors. Soak in a hot bath for 10-15 minutes to open up the pores and soften the hair. Then put on some super moisturizing shave gel and leave it on for a couple minutes. Again, this softens everything up. Shave in the same direction that the hair grows. Rinse off and pat dry. Apply witch hazel to the area to close the pores.

Hair removal creams like Veet and waxing will weaken the hair follicle and make it easier to remove. Shaving actually seems to strengthen the hair follicle. If you are going to use a hair removal cream, make sure that you don't leave it on any longer than recommended, and check the area first. Never use these creams in areas where they could get to inside the labia. Waxing can cause bleeding if you have delicate skin, and it's generally quite painful.

GYNs tend the think that shaving the bikini area is a major cause of problems and should be avoided.
    FireworksMama

Answer by FireworksMama at 11:24 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I had to switch to nair,, and I tried everything, sharp razor, bikini zone,,, Now I use Nair,, and use bikini zone as well,, I have coarse hair,, and kept getting ingrown ones and razor rash! I have also waxed,, but I am a big sissy,, and didn't like it!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:34 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I tried everything too and I finally just went in for laser hair removal. Smooth as silk now and loving every minute of it.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 11:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2010