We are going to disney world in 2 weeks....

DH wants to just rent a stroller from them. Have you done that? How was it? Did you wish you just brought your own?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Travel

• It can get kind of expensive, but I think it's better than lugging your own on the plane, through the airport, in the car... you get the picture. It's definitely worth having a stroller, so the kiddies aren't whining, but I would check the prices and see if the cost is really worth the convenience. Also, be sure to have a large luggage tag or other bright identifier to put on it if you rent - they're all the same and if you leave it to go on a ride or something you'll want to be able to spot it immediately.
    FireworksMama

Answer by FireworksMama at 11:32 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• We rented one there. It worked out great for us. My son was 5 at the time, so we didn't even have one anymore. I think it was $5 per day but it was 10 years ago. We also brought a stroller when we went back years later. That also worked out fine. Do whatever is easier for you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• We did,, and then had to go buy one of those umbrella strollers to use when we went other places,, Now depending on if you are flying, and how much they charge to check it,,, it may be cheaper to do what we did,,anyway the strollers did have nice place to store the diaper bag,, goodies,, and ours would have been 75 dollars to check on the plane,, tie a bright ribbon on it so you know what one is yours in the stroller "parking lot"! Have a great time
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Please don't rent one. I used to work at the park. When I worked there the strollers were about 15 dollars a day. You can buy one there for like 56. The strollers that are returned at the end of the day are honestly disgusting. There is so much poop on them.
    Anonymous

• UMMM, gross anon 03. I can totally see that happening. I checked the website and it is 31.00 a day for a double stroller rental and $100.00 credit card deposit. WHAT?? I can understand giving your drivers licsence or something but the hundred dollar thing is too much if you ask me. Thanks for the imput ladies.
    Anonymous

• As a travel professional specializing in Disney this is one of the most asked questions I get hope this helps you make the best choice for you. First if you are traveling by plan take the stroller with you keep your child in the stroller through security and to the gate of the flight, the airline will let you stroll your child to the door of the plane they will tag it there "no charge" load it under the plane and have it waiting for you at the next stop!
    If you are going to be staying on-site and using Disney transportation system you will want your own stroller for especially at the end of the night when the wait for a bus back to your resort may be long.
    Another option is to rent a stroller from an rental company in Orlando they will deliver it to the resort and pick up on your departure, lot's of my clients take advantage of this option also.
    Have a Magical Trip sprinkled with Pixie Dust...
    TripWitt

Answer by TripWitt at 1:59 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I would bring my own for sure. It's not a problem to take it on the plane, the Disney buses or trams, etc. We still bring a stroller with us to Disney even though our youngest is 5, to carry our STUFF in (cooler, rain ponchos, etc).
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:17 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• We went in March and took 2 umbrella strollers, worked out really well for us so we didn't have to cart sleepy kids from the trams to the room. Plus my kids said the ones there are to hard on their bottoms, they have the same kind at Dollywood and my kids don't like them. My 5and 3 year olds rode almost the entire time, I wore the baby. Have fun!
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 3:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2010