Is my dog okay in the garage in this heat?

I'm serious, it's about 125 degrees out there, but he still wants to hang out in the garage. I try to bring him in every 15 minutes or so. He doesn't seem to like it all day in the air conditioning.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Pets

• Is it a cement floor? I think the cement is cool to lay on.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• As long as he has plenty of fresh water and maybe a fan and he's not left out too long he should be fine. Excessive panting or lethargy should be watched for. Just be careful because having him switch between the extreme heat and the air conditioning too often could pose a problem to his system. Silly dog. It would probably be better to let him stay out for 15-30 minutes and then bring him in for at least the same amount of time, if not longer. If he's not a cold-weather breed he should be ok.
    FireworksMama

Answer by FireworksMama at 11:38 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• How about a small childrens pool. I know my dog just loves to lay in water when it's hot out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• It is too hot! I think the pool is a good idea,, but too hot to be left very long even with that!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:42 AM on Jun. 23, 2010