I've heard that the Naturalamb condoms do not prevent STDS...what about "Durex Avanti Bare Luxury Polyisoprene Non-Latex Condoms" does anyone know if these are effective in preventing STDs?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Health

• Keep your legs shut and you won't have to worry about STD's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I agree with anon. If your not having sex with people that might have STD's then you wont have to worry about it.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 11:39 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Anonymous :37 - I have every right, as does any other women on this Earth to pleasure, I am in a relationship with a man and would like to start having sex with him but am allergic to latex...you should know as well as any other person that you cannot rely solely on someone saying that they are std free so forgive me for wanting to protect myself. Maybe you should try getting laid every once in a while and you wouldn't be such a b*%^H(:
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• they come in vinyl too,not sure of the brand,google it

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Haven't you women taken Sex-Ed? How does anyone know for sure whether someone has an STD or not unless they actually take them to be tested before having sex? Any doctor will tell you that many people walking around here may have some sort of STD and have NO CLUE...this goes especially for men as they do not tend to have as many symptoms with certain STDs. So...how does this women wanting to protect herself mean in any manner that she is having sex with people she feels are unclean...it may be simply that she understands that even the person himself does not know for sure whether he is STD free. Why don't you try answering the question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• they do have laytex free condoms i also have a reaction to laytex and they have worked for me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I thought all condoms gave the same protections from STDs. They just put up a barrier so there is minimal direct contact with fluids but there still maybe contact which can spread infections/disease.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• no clue about the naturalamb, but the durex are rated the same as any other condom.

I can't stand the feel of latex, though it's not an actual allergy- the durex seem to provide a lot more stimulation.

And I understand exactly where you are at... No reason to be defensive, they are the same ones who are against sex ed, etc. Just a bit uninformed their self.
    Anywho, were it not for the basis of reference I have with my SO (have known him for 14 years) and the fact that we are both fairly unexperienced (the # of partners), AND that we share test results, I would be in the same boat. Both of us went out and got retested after our first time- because we weren't protected... Turns out we were in the clear, but made a bad judgment call any way. Better safe than sorry. :)
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• it is that sperm cannot go thru Lambskin but the size of std's can go thru the tiny tiny "holes" in lambskin. Look on the website for the condom youare inquiring about and it should give you some answers. Have you concidered the female condom. Dont let these ladies get you down. Good fo ryou for educating and protecting yourself.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I use latex-free avanti and latex free SKYNS. They both protect against STDs. I like SKYNS better because they stretch more and are more like latex condoms.

Also, I demanded a blood sacrifice form my boyfriend. lol I made him get checked for STDs before we had sex.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 3:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2010