I'm broken and don't think I'll ever be fixed...

Long story short, I've been screwed over by every man in my life.... my dad, the father of my child ect.... I feel like I'm numb all the time.... I feel nothing when it comes to other ppl, sometimes I'll cry to myself but I never let anyone see any emotion unless it's arguing or being super happy, WTH is wrong with me? I still live with my son's father while I look for a place but I feel like I'm about to loose it..... sorry kind of a vent

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• can you not try to work it out?
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 11:45 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• (hugs)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 11:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Is it possible you may have a slight case of bi-polar syndrome? Very energetic and happy one moment, sad and empty the next? Maybe you just need to sit down by yourself and take a good long look at the men in your life. If your family is not treating you right it's okay to move far away and not deal with their abuse anymore. I find it helpful to make a list of exactly what qualities you admire in a man and which ones you won't tolerate. Then be sure to keep those things in mind when you decide to date. You might be just settling for any guy that shows you some attention and that's always nice at first, but after awhile they start to take advantage of you and that's when you notice all those red flags you didn't want to see months before. It's so important to approach dating with just as much intelligence and forethought as you would buying a new car or house. Insist on a loving man who adores you and respects you my dear. :)
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 12:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I got screwed by my father but now I am strong think one thought take care of you. I would go and talk to a counselor I used to be numb from the beatings and I never cried but now I realize those were the moments that made me some people get bitter from beatings or want to be angry or numb but if you use those moments just right it can make the rest of your life. Its hard but hard times don't last but hard people do and you just have to remember a baptism by fire is just the beginning. It can and will get better. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• im sorry :/ it must be so hard :( you dont need him, find a place for you and your son! try finding a room mate with a son of her own (: men are dogs. dont consists of needing them! trust me ur strong!
    elliebaby

Answer by elliebaby at 11:10 PM on Jul. 7, 2010