12 month old with a cough

It started with a runny nose, and progressed to a pretty raspy cough. I'm using the vaporizer (last 3 nights) and he also has an inhaler from a previous illness with a cough. There seems to be no change. This morning around 5:30 he was coughing so hard and had so much mucus it sounded like he was gagging on it and he spit up on my husband. What should I do now, just call the doc?

1st_time_mom23

Asked by 1st_time_mom23 at 11:46 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, I would call the doctor. He may need oral steroids to help with the cough.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 11:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My 15 month old has had the same problem, started out with a runny nose and turned into a bad cough. His lasted about 2 1/2 days when I took him to the doctor yesterday. She prescribed him antibiotics for an ear infection and upper respiratory infection. She also said to leave his vaporizer on in the room he is in through out the whole day and in his bedroom at night. She also told me to give him 5 treatments from his neutralizer that he had already had from previous illness.
    Sounds like you are going about it in all the right ways, but I would still take a trip to the doctor just to make sure.
    I hope your little guy gets feeling better soon :)
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2010