If it were you, would you leave?

So here were are well into the 64th day of the Gulf Oil spill. I do not see things getting better in the coming days or months for that matter. My husand and I have discussed leaving the Gulf Coast and moving north. We have a friend who we are in contact with and says she already has jobs lined up for us and even talked to her land lord about an apt for us. It sounds good, but if it were you would you leave?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• yep
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• If it meant a better life for your family yes, in a heart beat.

Answer by older at 11:50 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I think it will be contained eventually. But if you want to leave, you have to do what you feel is best for your family. Look into the future. Will you be happy somewhere else?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Thanks for a thought provoking question. Having thought about it for a long time myself, Yes, I would leave if I thought I had a good chance to start over someplace else. It's bound to get a lot worse down there before it ever gets better. It's way easier to ignore the whole horrible catastrophe when you don't have to look at it every day of your life. Good Luck.
    Blabbermouth

Answer by Blabbermouth at 11:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Yes I would!!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• If I thought it would be a better life for my family then yes, Id move. I dont think the oil spill would be my only deciding factor though because I do think that at some point it will be cleaned up. We just have no idea when at this point.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• If my family were all to stay, it would be hard to move my household. I would want to live somewhere where enjoying natural water bodies is still safe and I think the economy of that region is going to get so much worse over time. I would begrudgingly leave.
    silversmom

Answer by silversmom at 12:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Maybe. It would depend on many things. I probably wouldn't unless the oil spill directly affected my life and livelihood.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• LOL Hell no. Unless my job was permanantly lost to the spill and I had another one lined up somewhere else. Otherwise no way. This too shall pass.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• You do what is best for the family!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2010