Baby has to adapt to the new schedule...

Hubby was home with him for 3 weeks after he finished teaching, so our son was on a regular schedule. Now, hubby began teaching summer classes, and I'm home now, so our son is off his schedule.

How do I get back to the old schedule? Or do I start a new one or let him come up with one on his own?

mypreciousbabe

Asked by mypreciousbabe at 11:52 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why not follow hubby's schedule?

Answer by older at 11:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I am a believer in working with a baby's natural patterns first as they often will adapt towards adult activity all on their own and/or it makes it easier to form a sort of compromise between the two easier. I personally don't like schedules, I don't want to be out and about and then have to leave because a nap is promptly at 2 and if if baby doesn't get it the whole day is shot. Our house is flex central :)
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Well, my baby's one who likes routine (he's almost 11 months), so we're working with that to make him happy. Yes, I've tried hubby's schedule, but I think because he slept in yesterday from missing a nap all day on Monday, it's thrown off his morning rising schedule. He gets up at 7, I nurse him, and he usually goes right back to sleep; however, this week he hasn't been going right back to sleep, especially today when he cried and cried till I brought him back to my bed where he played and chatted for an hour and half and finally ended up falling asleep in my bed.
    mypreciousbabe

Answer by mypreciousbabe at 12:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• As you are working out what is best for you and your LO keep in mind that 11 month olds often have a lot going on. They are often right in the middle of some big developmental milestones (walking, talking etc.) Their world is getting a lot "bigger" right now and this can interfere with sleep/nap/eat schedules, even when there hasn't been any change!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010