My daughter is 2 months old and teething...

My girl is teething and the dr says she is too young for anbesol. Just Tylenol for now, it doesnt alwyas work...any suggestions? We call her our advanced baby...she was born with a tooth and could hold her neck and head up on day 3!!! She now can sit up, roll over, bear weight on her legs and roll over!!! Any one else expirence this??

StellasMommy429

Asked by StellasMommy429 at 11:57 AM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try HyLands teething tablets. Orajel/Ambesol and the like are not good for them as they can get in their throats and cause them to not breath well also it makes their gums harder and teething more painful once it wears off after like a second. LOL Try a frozen washcloth for her to chew on as well.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Lol, I should try that! It kind of gives me the shivers!!! Have you ever tried the food net things? Younput frozen fruit in it, is she too young?
    StellasMommy429

Answer by StellasMommy429 at 12:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My daughter got her first tooth at 4 months. She also held her head right away. She was always early with everything! Everyone was amazed at what she could do at such a young age. She read at 4. Now she's 7. She's a head taller than her friends. I'm worried about her though. She already has body odor. She wears deodorant. I'm sure she will develop very early. Every time she calls me from the bathroom I'm petrified that I will go in there and I'll find her period. Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:08 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I never used them because they didn't have them when my son was born. LOL I don't know if she is too young, but, her gut might not need the juice of whatever you put in it just yet. She still has like 6 months to go for that. Haha It might be ok though.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• The nurse at my peds office said that the only thing that really relieves the pain of teething is counterpressure on the gum, so the cold washcloth for baby to chew on, or a finger in their mouth to bite on can help, My daughter loved to bite on anything metal. I have a big key chain that is metal and she would love to chew on that- cold metal plus it's hard so it probably felt good.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2010