IM 13 WEEKS PREGNANT AND VERY UNSURE ABOUT THESE GAS PAINS IN MY STOMACH, DID ANYONE ELSE HAVE THESE PAINS BEFORE?

smilez19143

Asked by smilez19143 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Your Body 11 Weeks Pregnant: Bubble, Bubble, Gas Is Trouble ...
    Though progesterone does a bang-up job in maintaining your healthy pregnancy, some of the less than flattering by-products of all the good it does are ...
    www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/your-body/week-11/gas.aspx
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:07 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I had them and farted a lot. Farting was my side effect of pregnancy. My doc told me it was flutters. I asked if flutters were supposed to stink. lol. BUt gas is not a threat to you or the baby. It sure beats throwing up every morning.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 12:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• Talk about uncomfortable! I know that my gas pains often worry me that they are pregnancy related pains. They scare me!

They are painful and cramp like. Being pregnant, I know that every new symptom creates some sort of panic.

Gas pains are normal and maybe an increase in fiber may help the motility of your bowels. It could be something to look into.
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 12:42 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• I did and the doctor just told me to take gas-x. It really odes work!
    m2bin08

Answer by m2bin08 at 1:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• It is all normal you are probably taking a lot of supplements and they mess up your tummy.
    Lisa
    www.bumpfashion.com
    bumpfashion

Answer by bumpfashion at 5:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2008

• yes! they are another wonderful side effect of all of the increased hormones and boy do they hurt! sometimes they feel like they are trapped in my stomach and can't get out... I lay on my left side and try to relax and let them escape but they dont always like to come out. Constipation has been a HUGE problem for me as well. It's amazing how modesty goes out the window after you get pregnant!
    elaurendacus

Answer by elaurendacus at 2:38 PM on Aug. 17, 2008