• In the Spotlight:

Best places to shop or eat in NYC

Traveling to NYC for week, Im so excited, wondering if anyone here lives in the city and can tell me where the best places are. Thrift shops too.
Thanks

Sparkle2flames

Asked by Sparkle2flames at 12:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Travel

• serendipity for a frozen hot chocolate!
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• It's always fun to go through Times Square. The Village is also great. Central Park is fabulous. You should definitely see a Broadway show. You can buy discount tickets the day of the show at the TKTs booth in Times Square. They sell what hasn't sold yet for that evenings performances at either 50% or 40%. It's at Broadway and 48th I think. Have fun!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• RAY'S PIZZA IS THE BEST!!!!!!
    mypreciousbabe

Answer by mypreciousbabe at 12:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I don't think there are any thrift shops. If you are looking for bargains, NYC is not the place. There is a Daffy's on the corner of 34th and Broadway.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:19 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• We are staying in the Millieim hotel right in times square, Its my daughters graduation present. I cant wait!!! Thanks Keep the answers coming
    Sparkle2flames

Answer by Sparkle2flames at 12:55 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Definitely Century 21 in Lower Manhattan. Filene's Basement in midtown. There are great eateries everywhere. You can find alot on the Internet.
    Myboysmom08

Answer by Myboysmom08 at 5:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• If you're into decorating and house-y stuff, definitely check out the ABC store!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• I was going to say Serendipity's too! LOL Personally I love Chinatown and the shopping down there. Although I think they've cracked down a bit lately...haven't been in a bit so I'm not sure. Don't forget to hit Central Park! There's lots of fun stalls there and make sure you negotiate price!!!
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 8:22 AM on Jun. 25, 2010