Anyone know anything about computers/webcams?

We have a Averatec all-in-one computer. w/ a built in webcam. There was a program on here when we got it that was a trial. You could take pics with the webcam and add glasses, or frames. things like that. Well the trial expired, so we deleted the program. Now we cant use the webcam at all! Ive been trying to talk to my sister through yahoo video call. But it comes up as no camera detected. And the microphone doesnt work either. If my computer makes a sound, she can hear it but if im talking she cant. We were wondering if theres something we have to download, or buy to get it to work. Ive googled the name of the computer and everything else I can think of, but cant find anything that works for it. Do you have any idea what we could do to get it to work? Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Your computer probably needs a device driver in order to recognize it. YOu might want to google it on the internet. It's probably something you can dowload for free.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• If you don't get answers that help try going to the CM group Computer Moms Computer Heaven. The group owner Pink Soda Pop knows everything about computers!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• When you use yahoo, you need to go into the settings to set the devices. there is a section specifically for the audio and video. you can yahoo me if you need help and i can walk you thru it. my yahoo is giirlychik_82

After they are set it may require you to restart yahoo or the computer.
    mama2three717

Answer by mama2three717 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Try calling the support line. They should be able to give you the exact steps to get your web cam working. I hope they do not try to charge you. Seems like now a days no one wants to stand behind their product, without charging for it! Good luck to you! It's got to be something small you are over looking.

Averatec Technical Support
    Monday - Friday, 8:00AM - 5:00PM EST
    (excluding holidays)
    Phone: (714) 429-8999 Option #2
    Fax: (585) 419-7960
    Email: sales@averatec.com

For Out of Warranty Repair:
    Phone: (800)733-9155
    Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM CST
    MaryBethBest

Answer by MaryBethBest at 8:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• They sell separate web cams you can buy! I'm sorry its not working.
    Artistachica

Answer by Artistachica at 8:29 PM on Jun. 24, 2010