Wagon or Dual Stroller?

We are trying to decide between spending money on a double stroller or just buying a wagon. From what I can decipher, it seems like a baby seat will fit perfectly into the Pathfinder wagon with the seat folded down on one side and I think it will last alot longer than a stroller. Also, I will be wearing my new baby in a Moby wrap a good bit of the time. Any suggestions?

MelaSparks

Asked by MelaSparks at 12:16 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think a double stroller would fit in a car better, and would be more comfortable to push than to pull a wagon.
    Anonymous

• How old is your older child? I can't imagine taking a wagon to the mall or in the car. My kids were 2 1/2 years apart and I never had a double stroller. I used a baby bjorn in the beginning and then my older daughter just started walking.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• See, we would be using the stroller or wagon mostly at places like the zoo, going for a walk in our neighborhood, etc. At the mall or whatever, my two yo usually walks and holds our hands, but occasionally hops in a stroller. In those places I would definitely have baby #2 in the Moby.
    MelaSparks

Answer by MelaSparks at 12:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Unless you are short or the wagon has a really long handle it will kill your back to lean over and pull it. We really only use our wagon to carry our stuff at the zoo. My kids can escape from their wagon, but they can't escape their stroller. I don't think it would be a good replacement for a stroller, especially if you go out a lot to stores or indoor places.

If you have a single stroller you like, you might use that until the new baby outgrows the wrap. If your older one is likely to be outgrowing a stroller soon you may not need a double stroller at all; I have twins and I have barely used a double stroller since they were about 18 months old. I would think a sit & stand type stroller might be good with a baby and a toddler.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 12:29 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• If your oldest is already 2 I don't think you will need a double. Wait it out and see. You can always get one later.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Get a Phil & Teds stroller. You can add another seat to it, and remove it when you don't need it. The kids are in-line instead of "double-wide" which makes it easier to push. We have a wagon, but never take it in the car with us. We take it around the neighborhood.

Good luck!
    kate.oneill

Answer by kate.oneill at 12:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• HI... I always had a double stroller for my 2 sets of kids that were close in age.. worked very well.. but, get one that is long not wide to go thru isles in the groc store etc.. i was really glad i did that too!
    welovethechild

Answer by welovethechild at 1:05 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i have a wagon, and two double strollers. one double stroller can hold two infant carriers and is long, the other is a jogger and is wide. the side by side stroller does fit through all doors, i just have to line it up perfectly first : )
    i agree the wagon is hard on the back to pull. you kind of have to walk while twisted. i have a friend with triplets plus one, and she prefers wagons.
    personally, i would look for a used double stroller on craigs list or at yard sales.
    if you will be wearing your newborn for a while, you could just wait 6 months and see where your families needs are at that time. zoos rent strollers and wagons too!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• hello i have a 2 and 10 month old and a 8 month old and i have a wagon....i hate double strollers. it is my personal opinion i have friends who love them.I just dont like how big and bulky they are and they dont fit in the aisles sometime. my son is a big boy and he walks almost everywhere. the times we use the wagon are parks, zoos, long walk. but if you have a small car a wagon may not fit i guess you got to see what works for you.
    LarisaZ

Answer by LarisaZ at 5:25 PM on Jul. 9, 2010