Would you rather be a surrogate or donate an egg?

Carry a baby to term that is not yours biologically or give an egg away and have a child of yours biologically possibly grow up somewhere unknown to you?

MarlaMomma

Asked by MarlaMomma at 12:17 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• That is a tough one. I have never thought about donating eggs before. I know I have answered questions on here before about surrogacy and I have said I don't think I could do it. Even if the child wasn't mine biologically, after I had carried it for 9 months I think giving birth to it and handing it over would be so hard.
    And donating eggs in another thing that I think would bother me, knowing that a child that was biologically mine was out there and I didn't know where they were or what kind of life they were having would get to me.
    I would however be a surrogate for someone I was close to if they really wanted children and was unable to carry them. My sister-in-law was a surrogate for her sister and I thought it was the greatest thing. I would be willing to do something like that I think
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• no... I couldnt
    Anonymous

• donate. i hate being pregnant. i plan on donating after im done with this pregnancy
    Anonymous

• Donate...if I'm not going to raise it then I don't want to get mentally attached to it.

That being said...I wouldn't do either because I know it would emotionally tear me up inside.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I wouldnt do either because i feel the same as worriedmommy, i'd get attached to it. if i had to pick though id donate an egg
    IzabellaBugg

Answer by IzabellaBugg at 12:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• donate
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 12:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• donate. i'm sorry but i would not go through pregnancy for anyone but me. i completely admire the selfless people willing to do that but i couldn't...
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Which pays more? I could do either. Doesn't matter to me. I tend not to bond with my babies before birth, so I wouldn't see any reason why I would have issues giving a child to their real parents. And I've wanted to donate/sell my eggs a few times, but always end up getting pregnant instead... So really, either way, I wouldn't have issue.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:27 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I would love to be a surrogate. I dont get attached easily and would love to allow someone to become a parent.
    kassee

Answer by kassee at 12:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I would rather be a surrogate, but not just to anyone. There are two people in the world that I would gladly surrogate for if asked.

I couldn't have a child of mine being raised by someone else, somewhere else - possibly unknown to me.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2010