Should I be annoyed by this?

This past week my dad did me and my husband a huge favor, which he completely volunteered for. He just happen to know my husband and I were in a bind, and he really took care of it for us. So that evening I recieved an email from my sister reminding me "hey, if you haven't already remember to thank dad for what he did. He sometime gets pissed if people don't recognize it."

I really don't know how to take it. I know she didn't mean any harm, but at the same time I was already getting my dad a card and "thank you" gift card to give him. Then I get to thinking, well did he go over there afterwards and bitch that I didn't bow down and worship him?

I obviously feel there's an underlying factor here (my resentment toward my sister for being able to do such caring things for my parents when I sometimes don't think to or have time to, I work 40 hrs a week, I'm not home all the time!) but i just don't know how to deal with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• tell your sister you are a grownup and know how to handle yourself and already have it covered. i doubt he complained. your sister is just being a busybody.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 12:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i would just ignore it. or send her one back saying you already got it covered. if she is trying to start drama dont let her. you already know to thank him and have it taken care of so dont worry about it.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I'd probably ignore it, but you're right in being annoyed. She needs to be minding her own damn business and it sounds like she just likes starting drama.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 12:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I would've explained to my sister "I got this" with a little humor and forgot about it...seeing that you're getting him a card to say thank you, its really none of her business...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Forgot about it and thank your Dad. End of story. Don't make something out of nothing.
    Anonymous