Where is the cheapest place to buy clothes for baby?

Target,Sears,Walmart,Boscovs,Childrens Place,Babies R us, or any where else youve found? Im going to be a first time mother and just was curious.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try ebay or craigslist. On there you can big lots of one size for really cheap.
    Anonymous

• yale sales, 2nd hand shops. As tempting as it is to buy all new stuff, Baby won't be wearing it for very long. they grow super fast and you will be changing them all day so you might as well by used so you aren't spending millions on clothes.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• The cheapest is to look for clearance items anywhere, especially outlet malls and stop at garage sales and thrift stores. My favorite is Gymboree on clearance with a coupon, particularly the Red Balloon sale which is going on right now it's cheaper than Wal Mart and Target, all items included are $6.99 and under, add a 20% off coupon (you can get them right now in Parenting the Early years and Family Fun magazine) and that takes it down to about $5.50 for the most expensive items like dresses, rompers, and pants.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 12:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• try ebay. Look for "baby clothes lot" but make sure there is a good picture and the clothes come from a smoke free home. If you are concerned about pet hair make sure it comes from a pet free home too. You can find some pretty good stuff on there. IMO, it is crazy to buy new for a little baby because they outgrow it in 2 weeks. Also, you will probably get more than you need at your baby shower. Last piece of advice I wish someone would have told me if you haven't had your baby yet. Use baby bags/gowns. They are so nice and easy plus they have the sleeves that cover the baby's hands so they don't scratch their face. Good luck!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 12:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Clearance racks, garage sales, second hand/thrift stores, Kmart, etc...
    I agree that even though it is tempting to get all new stuff, they're just gonna sleep and spit up in it!!!
    TimandMely4ever

Answer by TimandMely4ever at 12:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• At the Outlet Mall. Most of the time you can find great deals on name brand items, much cheaper than you would at Walmart or Target even. If you go to www.premiumoutlets.com and sign up for their free vip club you can get tons of coupons for even more off. It also pays off to get an Old Navy credit card. Four times a year they have a card member exclusive day where you get 50% off everything you can fit in a bag thats 50% off clearance too. I got $400 worth of clothes for less than $100 this way for our summer clothes. They also send $10 free gift cards to me a few times a year if I use my Old Navy credit card. Sign up for stores emails too. Jc Penney also sends me periodic free gift cards to use in the store and Kohls has too.
    Anonymous

• I find that Childrensplace.com is the cheapest. They have the greatest sales. And shipping is always $5 no matter what you buy.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• If you live where there is a Fred Meyer, they have amazing clearance deals every few months. I also love second hand stores because you can get away with paying 99 cents for a practically new two piece outfit! Its great! Just be weary of buying any other gear (car seats, pack and plays, plush toy, etc) there.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 12:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Ross!!! I got my son a couple pair of nice Nike shoes for around $12 and all the cute outfits are about $7, ya clearance shop too!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• jcpenny or marshalls. I bought clothings in jcpenny last time with coupon and %% off I ended up bought couple of dresses and pants for $3 each
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2010