Usind words properly

Im curious when your LO called YOU mama and thier DAD dada. Not just saying mama and dada, but When they used the words peorerly and knew what they meant. Thank you :)

carsonsmommytam

Asked by carsonsmommytam at 12:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think because you don't say it to each other -we call each other mommy and daddy at our house -your son is far from behind!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:43 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• my daughter has speech issues and therapy for
    she started therapy at 2, now she is 3
    still uses wrong at time
    says dada to me
    says mama to brother
    but getting better at
    she is being tested for autism

mama uses to mean "I want you to do something for me"
    which is about what mom means-lol

if yours having speech delay email me, if you want, i have been there, doing that, can relate
    kat
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 1:11 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• They no what mama and dada means they know if they say it you will come. from my experiance its around 2 grade they will start saying mom or dad some may say it earlier especially if you correct them alot. My daughter is 21 and will still call me mommy sometimes and so does my 12 yr. old. so I think it all depends on the child and how they are raised.
    itwonthurt

Answer by itwonthurt at 1:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Dada our son was 12 months I think but Mama wasn't for me until 14 months I think..
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• The reason i sask is my son only says mama when he wants something. Like hes hurt, or scared, or needs something to eat etc. He comes to me when he says it. Im just wondering if thats ok? Or if hes behind. He will be 1 on the 27th. I also wonder if its cause Dh and i dont say mama or dada much?
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:48 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Thank you:) Yeah we dont say it much. Im making a conscious effort to say it more though to help him out :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 6:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010