colostrum still?

my son is 1 year old and I stopped breastfeeding when he was 7 months.... I still have colostrum.... is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I thought you only had colostrum for the first few days of breast feeding. Before your milk came in.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Are you sure it's colostrum? Cause you should have dried up by now. do you still get ingorged and leak? if it's cloudy or mucusy you may want to see your Doctor. I have been in the medical field for 20 yrs. never herd of this unless you are breastfeeding part of the time.
    itwonthurt

Answer by itwonthurt at 1:13 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• You could leak milk for a long time after you wean. You ARE dried up, but you may still notice a dribble or two every now and then. It probably isn't actually colostrum, it just looks like it. It's only been five months since you weaned, so it is pretty likely and fairly normal for you to notice a few drops every now and then. If you notice a lot, or start having pain, or like itwonthurt said if it's cloudy or mucousy, you should call your doctor.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 1:34 PM on Jun. 23, 2010