35 weeks pregnant with a toothache thats off and on.

i have a cavity and i have had it for a few years but never had the money to get it filled and now that im pregnant, it hurts soo bad. and im scared its infected or its going to get infected. my husband has tricare but we dont have the dental plan.. so i would have to pay out of pocket for it. i called the dentist and she can get me in at 4 today and i cant go because i dont have the money. im so stressed and crying over this because i know an infected tooth can hurt the baby and i wouldnt forgive myself if it did hurt the baby. im worried that since i dont have the money to go that something bad will happen.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Look to see if there is a low income dental / no insurance place in your area. We have one and they charge $20 to fill a cavity at the most. If you can get into a place like that either they will be able to fix or at least tell you what is really wrong (if you need a root canal or something). Take some tylenol to help the pain. I have horrible teeth, always have, and they get worse every time I get pregnant and when I am nursing. I think every pregnancy (3) I have had to have a root canal.
    Anonymous

• Try some homeopathic arnica. Worked for me. I'm nursing my baby and have amalgam fillings so getting dental work is currently a no-no. The arnice worked wonders for me. Hoping it'll work for another 6 months until I'm comfortable getting dental work done.
    Mom_to_Skyler

Answer by Mom_to_Skyler at 2:56 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• lots of people pay out of pocket. Call your denist and work something out.
    Anonymous