Help, please, please....

I can't sleep and when I do I get shoulder cramps, which then make my head hurt, when I go to sleep I'm soo stopped up which makes my head hurt. I just woke up from a small nap and my back hurts now and my head my saliva is thicker in my mouth than usually so when I wake up and drink something to help my dry mouth it's so thick in my mouth that I almost have a hard time swallow. I just want some sleep, are these aches natural? I didn't have them with my first pregnancy and every week it gets worse and worse. I'm 18 wks now and I just don't understand why my head feels like this. I got meds for the migraines and it works once it kicks in but it's like I have to take one of these pills every....single....day. I mean seriously ladies is this natural for me to keep feeling these headaches and waking up every 30 mins to an hour. I know every preg. is different is anyone else experiencing this so I don't feel so alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Dehydration can cause muscle cramps. Increase your fluids and see if it goes away. It that doesn't solve it call your doctor or midwife and go over everything.
    Anonymous

• some of these sounds like pregnancy related, but some may be from the meds you are taking as well? like dry mouth. When I sleep I usually get really bad hip pain when i'm pregnant, the combination of the weight from the baby and the fact that your muscles are relaxing can cause pains like this.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:23 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I had to sleep in our recliner from 5 months till I had him.My husband wasn't so happy about it.But he wasn't the one with a back that hurt.I don't know about the saliva part.Maybe you should ask your doctor about it.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I think you're dehyrated.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:28 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I had head aches when pregnant. Someone told me to drink more water and it helped.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:37 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• How is your blood pressure?
    ddbz

Answer by ddbz at 2:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• you could try seeing a chiropractor, also look up therapeutica cervical pillow. they are expensive, but AWESOME!!!!
    i think water and extra water while you are taking the migraine medication is a good idea.
    good luck mama!!!!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:53 PM on Jun. 23, 2010