What's your take on President Obama firing General McChrystal?

CNN is reporting McChrystal has been relieved of command.

President Obama will talk about Gen. Stanley McChrystal's future in a press conference scheduled for 1:30 p.m. CNN will broadcast it live.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• The tea party will take him.Mark my words..... if things keep going the way they are, the tea party will be a legitmate political party one day.
    But I wonder what happened to our freedom of speech?
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• But I wonder what happened to our freedom of speech?

This general say some things to a Rolling Stone Mag reporter. Some abused their right to Freedom of Speech.
    Anonymous

• said*
    Anonymous

• Patraeus is taking his place.

Freedom of speech? I'm guessing you dont understand the whole Military thing...If you know smeone in the servcie you should ask.

In the article he also mocked and degraded some top Afghan officials and put our soldiers at risk by saying the things he did. He knew that full well which is WHY he apologized

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 1:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• In the article he also mocked and degraded some top Afghan officials and put our soldiers at risk by saying the things he did. He knew that full well which is WHY he apologized

good point. MOre than fired he should be punished.
    Anonymous

• You don't publicly criticize your CiC during war. Have whatever kind of policy disputes or infighting you need to behind closed doors. You present a united front both to the people and to the enemy. Anything less compromises the mission and the safety of those under your command. McChrystal behaved in a manner inconsistent with the level of professionalism and maturity needed to have a position of his authority, and I am pleased that such decisive action was taken.
    Anonymous

• He wasn't fired.

He gave his resignation.
    Anonymous

• Military members on not allowed to speak out against their Commander in Chief. With that being said, this just proves how much our beloved military members can't stand Obama. I personally find it sickening that a man that has been through so much and seen so much, a hero really, is being "fired" by a guy that Oprah introduced to us not all that long ago.
    Anonymous

• I think they should have fired Obama and kept the General.

I thought the libs did not like Patraeus, they called him pa-tray-us when he was heading for congress to testify.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• He wasn't fired.

He gave his resignation.

No, he did not give his resignation, that was a rumor. Obama has "relieved" him of his duty.

Anonymous