What is up with MOST of the moms here??

When I joined Cafemom, I thought I was joining a group where I would find answers to questions, a friend or two, and support from people who understood where I was coming from. Instead I read daily on almost every post, comments from moms who obviously feel the need to stroke their ego by making other moms feel stupid, or worse, like bad moms. If you can help then do it... if you have nothing nice to say... then don't say anything. Come on... isn't this something we all learned as little kids... something we expect of our own children? What are you teaching your kids when you act that way? Lead by example. PLEASE!!!!!

kimandadan

Asked by kimandadan at 1:42 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I try not to do that.I try to help in a nice way.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Dont worry, after they make the changes to CM, most moms wont be able to talk mess behind the anon button.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 1:45 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• This is what happens when you get thousands of women from all walks of life, yes, it is a sad statement. You can still find answers to your questions with the mingling of those bitter ones that have not much to live for, except make others as miserable as they are, hang in there and ignore those nasty women and focus on the kind ones, there are a lot of those here too.

Answer by older at 1:47 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I agree with Older, thats really all you can do. It makes me crazy at times too and that when I just log off for awhile... There are some good ones though, I promise.
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 1:49 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• You know what.. I noticed that... ALOT of the snotty posts come anonymously. I guess the have the nerve to answer just not the nerve to let people know it was them. Gotta love people who stand behind what they say. I guess they don't want it thrown back in their face when THEY have a not so perfect episode as we all do.
    kimandadan

Answer by kimandadan at 1:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• You have a valid point and I'm sure many don't know they are being critical but I don"t believe you should be able to answer a question with an anon button. If you want to answer a question you should have to tell who you are.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 1:51 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I agree with you poster. I am sick of it to. Sometimes I do not even come on.
    Anonymous

• P.S. I MUST clarify... i have made a couple of friends, one of them actually beause she was getting so bashed, I felt the need to reach out to her and let her know we ALL weren't like that. I know there are some WONDERFUL moms here who truly want to help and be supportive. You know who you are... and for you guys... I am truly grateful.
    kimandadan

Answer by kimandadan at 1:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I agree, yesterday I posted about a helpful hint regarding helping toddlers take a nap in the afternoon. It was something I do for my Son. The first poster started to curse & swear at me and tell me I was stupid. I deleted the post and re posted it and she became enraged and continued the profanity so I just deleted that too. I reported it to CM but because I deleted the post they could not find it. She was like a rabid dog. I understand we all have bad days but some people here are out to pick a fight. I enjoy this website but lately it's been like jr. HS with the derogatory remarks and hostility. I would like to be helpful but hesitate to have an opinion because some people just jump on you. There is no excuse for this. I would love to post her user name but I don't think we are allowed.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Oh.. you mean she actually used her name instead of hiding behind the anon button... wow. P.S. I would like to hear about your nap theory... is there something wrong with toddlers taking naps now?? If I don't get both my babies down for naps in the early afternoon, they are so overtired, they get cranky and either fall asleep too early and don't make it through the entire night or they can't go to sleep at all until some ridiculous hour.
    kimandadan

Answer by kimandadan at 2:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2010