couples

why is it harder to make friends as an adult? and it's even harder to make friends as a couple. i know for me i have always had a hard time making friends. i come off as shy and quiet at first. my hubby seems to be able to chat it up with anyone he meets. we would like to meet other couples to hang out with on occasion to watch a movie, play a card game, a boardgame or just to sit and chat. where do couples meet other couples? where would you and your s/o go to meet another couple?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Great question.
    Anonymous

• you should try Meetup.com My husband is in the Military and we move around alot and we have joined couples groups pretty much every time we move. They do Movie night, cooking classes, family night, picnics. We go out to dinner, dancing, hiking,swimming. Even trips. It's a great way to meet people.

Anonymous

• well, for us, it is because we usually dont like othr people values, or how they choose to raise their children! We are very picky on who enters our familis life! But i dont know about everyone else!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I am a talker.. I will talk to anyone, anywhere. I just guess it depends on the person, but all I do is talk to the person and if we "click" then we exchange numbers. Usually I get to know the girl before hanging out and stuff when we both feel comfortable and then we go out with our guys or whatever. Good luck
    Michele068

Answer by Michele068 at 2:25 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I am quiet too and my DH is like yours. I have no idea where to go to meet people. We have only one set of couple friends, and they don't even live in the same town. The guy was DH's friend in school and that is the only reason we know them. The people DH knows at work who happen to be married or attached are not the people I want to hang out with, as my life does not revolve around alcohol, nor do I want my kids around them. It would be nice to have friends but for now, we get to do without.
    Anonymous

• Did I post this question & forget! Sounds like me! LOL...
    Really I have 2 friends Ive known for 10+yrs... We are all married. Have kids the same age (like within 9mo of each other), live within 15min of each other... And we still never get together! Out of the 4 of us our schedules never meld. Someone is tired after work, sick, bad mood, has other stuff to do at home, something always comes up last minute...
    Making new friends is SUPER hard for me. Im really shy & have a bit of anxiety.. But Id love to have other couples to hang out with.. Play board games with, and have family outings with... Even occasional "grownup only" dinners or going out dancing would be nice..
    Also new friends are hard because you never know when the other wife may get the hots for ur man. Or they have an open relationship or psycho, or treats their kids like crap...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:15 PM on Jun. 23, 2010