question about a blanket in the crib

I know that having a blanket in the crib is not safe and should not be done at all. She is eight months old and loves to cuddle. The problem is that she wil not go to sleep and will cry all night unless she has something to snuggle. She loves snuggling a blanket or even a shirt or pants. Any suggestions on what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• does she nap w it and do just fine? id say let her have it if u think she wont stick her face all in it. maybe let her have it and just keep checking on her b4 u go to bed to see what she does w it?
    cnv13085

Answer by cnv13085 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I felt comfortable putting baby to bed with a light weight fleece or cotton blanket by around 6 months old.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• OP
    I did try it for a couple naps and she does fine its just a small receiving blanket from when she was born
    Anonymous

• Mine is 11 monthes and has had a baby pillow and blankets since 8 monthes! Mu doc said okay as long as they can roll over! GL
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 2:20 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• isn't 8 months old beyond the worry age of sids and suffocation? just asking.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My son had a bunny a pillow and a blanket if nec. by that age and did great with it. He slept soo much better with the pillow it was unreal!! you should be fine...esp if its a thin blanket!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• if you are going to use a blanket in the crib then use a receiving blanket. That is thin enough to still be able to breathe. My son has always had a blanket in his bed now that he is 1 he has a normal blanket that a friend made for us.
    Anonymous

• Once they can roll over, I give my kids a blanket.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 3:00 PM on Jun. 23, 2010