How do you do it?

I read alot on here how people do there own research such as feeding solids too early or too late, vaccinations, cry it out methods, etc. and I wonder how? I try to research these things, but for every 10 experts I can find 10 other experts that disagree.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• they just search the internet. Its time consuming. There are alsways those that disagree but its about finding what works with your beliefs.
    Anonymous

• I try to find many medical site online, studies online and what most mom's say on here and what my gut says. I also look to the AAP guidelines. I take all info with a grain of salt and make my best judgement.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I search online a lot and try to find out the sources of the information and then look it up directly from the source. There are a lot of different opinions on any given topic. When it comes to medical decisions like vaccinations, feeding what and when, etc, I study it from different perspectives and then discuss with my pedi whom I fully trust and adore and then we come to a decision based on what *I* feel is best. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we dont. If something was cut and dry proven, of course we would ALL follow that way of life, right? But all children are different and have different reactions to methods/foods/what have you. Just read up and talk to people you know and trust about it, then follow your gut. Thats all we can really do in the end anyway.
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 2:33 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• you follow what your instincts tell you.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 2:38 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I try to go with things that are on actual legitimate websites, and base my information and actions off that. For food safety, I like the USDA website. For medical, I like medlineplus. For information on disease outbreaks and vaccinations, I like the CDC website. It's very time consuming, but I do like to keep informed.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:46 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i like to read what the opposing views are. as a parent, i think you need to follow your gut, consider the source of the information, and consider your family situation and needs.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 3:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• lol i think they just chose whichever answer they like the best!
    AlleyK

Answer by AlleyK at 3:57 PM on Jun. 23, 2010