Has anyone ever had trouble?

I am trying to go to college and I feel so lost about what to take and what I want to do. I have so many things in mind but it's hard to choose. Has anyone else had a problem like that?

I feel like I am not going anywhere. And would love to change that. So, I got a number and times to talk to someone, but feel like an idiot.

Michele068

Asked by Michele068 at 2:35 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in

• This is a problem for many students, so don't feel bad. What I did when I went to college was to take all of my basic required courses first, then after having had a taste of the different options available, I was able to choose my majors and spent the rest of my time in college completing the specific courses for those.
    Anonymous

• I am 38 and just decided what to go to school for. Start by taking all of your general ed credits and you may find something you like that way. Talk to a school counselor and have them do career testing and assessments to see where your skills and interests lie.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:07 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• can you go somewhere to have your career testing and assessments done to see what there is out there for you. to do. Hey I was just reading the advice above mine and she saids the same thing I just did on hers at the end. See great minds do think alike. lol. good luck.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:22 AM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Don't feel bad, I think it's normal. I did the career testing and still ended up changing my major 3 times (started with accounting, switched to information systems, then to administration, ended up with management). I was able to use all of my classes in my minor so none were wasted. I'd rather see someone change majors and find something they love than have them stick with a major because it's what they started with and then hate their career.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 24, 2010

• Make an appointment with a guidance counselor at the school.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2010

Next question in
ATAS ?

Next question overall (General Parenting)
How do you do it?