Ebay Question?

I bought a Coach handbag from a friend a few years ago and then decided I wanted to sell it on ebay. Well, they removed the item because they said the bag was a fake! Honestly then I didn't know much about coach bags so I didn't try to resell it on ebay because I wasn't sure if it was a fake or not. Anyway, I have 9 Dooney & Bourke handbags, all bought from QVC or Dooney.com, and I have seen knock offs, but I see them all the time on Ebay being sold as 100% authentic, how does Ebay decipher what's real and what's fake?

jillisue808

Asked by jillisue808 at 2:54 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Good Question! You should go on ebay and click on "Community" then click "Discussion Forums" and post this question on the "Clothing, Shoes & Accessories" Board. You will get your answer there. Most of the posters on the board are Sellers. If you take the bag to a Coach Store, they will tell you if it's a Copy too. Good Luck!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:59 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• Oh I didn't even know they had that option, thank you!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 3:02 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i think the designer companies have people that identify the fakes and keep an eye on this. we bought a "prada" wallet at a garage sale and posted it and it was removed.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 23, 2010