What is your opinion...

on The Center for Science in the Public Interest threatening to sue McDonald's if they don't stop putting toys in their happy meals.... personally I find it silly, it is up to the parents not to give their children fast food all the time.... does this mean Burger King will have to stop too?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 3:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If those toys were not so publicized the kids would not be interested in eating their junk food, I hope they all do stop.

Answer by older at 3:03 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• i think it's stupid. parents need to learn how to say no to their children.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 3:04 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I think it's the dumbest thing ever. Is this over those cups they just recalled?
    Anonymous

• my kids dont even care for the toys they like there salty fries and over priced nugget! so who cares about the toys!
    Anonymous

• i'm with jennifer588, all you have to do is say NO, it's not that hard. it's part of our job as parents and raising good, healthy kids! just because it has a toy and your kid wants it doesn't mean you give it to them!
    nickellmomof2

Answer by nickellmomof2 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I just want to know who the heck can afford $35 to feed their whole family -at McD's. That's seriously how much it would cost (or more) if we all got a meal, and my kids got happy meals. If by some off chance that we do get McD's (rare, but it happens) we just order cheeseburgers and fries off the dollar menu.
    $35 would feed my family of 5 for 3 days - homemade meals.
    Fawn80

Answer by Fawn80 at 3:14 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• I find it astonishing that ANYONE thinks it's McDonalds fault in ANY way! How SILLY. Well dang it..people are in debt and having to forclose on their homes...maybe Walmart should quit selling toys TOO because if people didnt buy their kids toys then they wouldnt be in debt. It's the same concept. If McDonalds didnt OFFER toys to buy (because you ARE buying them when you BUY the kids meal) then the parents wouldnt HAVE to buy the food thus the kids wouldnt get fat. STUPIDSTUPIDSTUPID. Its a REAL easy and REAL short word....NO. See and its REAL easy...it goes like this CHILD: "mommy McDonalds has Shrek toys and I REALLY want one, can we go?" ADULT: "NO" See...easy peasy.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• My opinion is "go for it idiots"
    I can't think of anything crazier than giving the parent a pass and blaming McDonalds for kids getting fat. I'm sure there is some magic beam in those toys that draws moms and dads to McDonalds and forces them to buy a happy meal. Yeah right!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:30 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• It's a silly lawsuit but I have a hard time getting worked up over anything that makes McDonalds look bad. I think their advertising practices are despicable and it bothers me that so many people now think they actually have healthy options. I've seen so many comments on cafemom today about how they now have apple slices and milk available and it's OK to feed your kid chicken nuggets if you're giving them the apple slices (peeled, processed, and served with caramel) and chocolate milk (so much worse than soda) instead of fries and soda. If the lawsuit winds up educating people and means that less kids eat there then I'm OK with that.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 3:36 PM on Jun. 23, 2010

• What happened to Mothers cooking for their families-instead of the easy way out and buying fast food 5 nights a week? Don't blame McDonald's- its the parents that can't say NO to fast food and their kids getting so fat
    Anonymous